Sunday, October 3, 2010

Vlm Cleaning Defined

Very Low Moisture cleaning ordinarily refers to cleaning a carpet with either a 175 rpm floor machine, a Cimex, or an OP (Oscillating Pad) machine and encapsulating cleaning chemicals. ccuaw-2

The Bonnet Cleaning Method

Bonnet Cleaning ordinarily refers to utilizing a 175rpm Floor buffer with a pad . The Cotton Bonnet that is often used with these is actually where Bonnet Cleaning gets it's name. There have been a couple of large national chains of carpet cleaners that have based their system on Bonnet cleaning with a 175 rpm buffer.

Cimex Floor Machine

The Cimex is a distinctive twist on the rotating head cleaner. It has three small heads that counter rotate to the direction of the main disk. It looks like a regular 175 rpm floor buffer however the agitation of the carpet is not the same. The Cimex is very popular for encaping commercial carpet

Oscillating Pad (OP) Carpet cleaning

The Op machines look a lot like the 175 rpm floor buffer but has a totally different motion. The base of the unit vibrates and rapidly rotates in little small circles and rotates in a large circle also. It is very deceptive as to how much work it is doing. It will often surprise you how well it works on some carpeting and rugs like Sculpted Berbers and Berbers.

What Causes Wick Backs?

Wick backs are an issue with most carpets and rugs, even more so with carpets that are glued straight to the floor. Especially with steam cleaning you can clean a carpet and the spot will appear be gone. As the carpet dries the stain will possibly reappear. What is happening is the moisture in the carpet is wicking up the fiber and bringing the stain up the carpet fiber and onto the top of the carpet. Bonnet Cleaning, Encapsulating, and OP methods have very few wickback challenges.

Pet Urine with Carpet and Rugs

Often with small Pet Urine problems you can soak the problem area with about the same quantity of Urine neutralizer, let soak about thirty minutes and then extract. If a section of carpet has been badly over used by a family pet multiple times the capret pad and sub floor can be contaminated. To solve this ordinarily you will have to pull up the carpet, put in new pad, paint over the subfloor with a special sealer. Often it will be best to to replace the carpet.

Encapsulated Cleaning There are new cleaning agents available that are known as Encapsulating. How these these cleaning solutions work is they break the dirt's bond with the carpeting and dry to a flake. This flake is then easy to separate from the carpet the next time you vacuum. These chemical compounds were developed for the Very Low Moisture cleaners but commonly perform nicely with Steam Cleaning also.

What are the Benefits of Vacuuming More Often.

Carpeting is a great air filtration system . Dust and dirt will normally be trapped in the carpet fibers. Regular vacuuming will eliminate a lot of this dust and dirt. A lot of this dirt will filter through the carpet to the carpet backing and not come back up. Have you ever observed that you do not end up getting the dust bunnies on a carpeted floor but you will have them after a day or two when you have hard surface floors. A good deal of the dust sits on the surface of your carpet and then will filter down when you walk on it.

What is most crucial factor in cleaning your Upholstery?

5 parts of cleaning carpet and upholstery. Chemical Solution, dwell time, agitation, heat, the cleaning technician. In my opinion if the equipment is working correctly and the tech is proficient on how to operate his equipment then the most critical aspect in getting your carpeting clean is the Technician.

20% of Dirt is Sticky

Several reports have established that close to 20% of the dirt and grime in most carpets and rugs is sticky and will affix to the actual carpet fiber making it look dirty. The other 80% is dry and will easily be removed by vacuuming if it has not been trampled into the carpet. If the dry dirt has been trampled to the bottom of the carpet you will not get it out of the carpeting. You will not be able to get sufficient airflow to get dry dirt from the backing of the carpet back up through the top layer. What carpet cleaners are attempting to clean is the 20% of the sticky dirt that sticks to the fibers and changes the color of the carpet.

Want to find out more about Salt Lake City Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning, then visit Ron J. Kemp's site on how to choose the best Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner in Chico Ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment